Wednesday, February 25, 2009 Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Scrapbooking products for fires survivors

OK guys here's some work for you all, a girl I know Sherrie (a friend of a friend) organised a truck to go up to the bushfires region last week. Well actually it ended up being 5 truck loads of goods mostly furniture and clothing but also lots of other useful items. Most of the furniture went to a house her cousin owns in Buxton, the house was empty so they fitted it out with furniture to provide refuge for 5 families as long as they needed it.

Many people came together to donate their time and furniture for the house. All the items that were not needed for the house were donated to others in the area. The items were gratefully received, many people were extremely thankful for her hard work and generosity.

While she was up there she was told that many of the women were scrapbookers and with so much time on their hands were looking for something to do. Most had of course lost all their scrapping supplies as well - one would hope they managed to get their albums out but as the fires came so quickly i doubt it.

Sherrie is making another trip up to the effected area soon and will take with her any donated scrapping supplies. As she isn't a scrapper I said i would do my best to get the word out to as many as i can.

Please email me at mettea at bigpond dot com and i will send you my address details to send the donations to.


Thank you in advance

Mette Thomas x Please spread the word

Please feel free to link my blog so the word gets out !!

2 comments:

Ella Swan said...

Wow I can't imagine losing anything more valuable (materially I mean, not a life) than one's albums. It is one of my worst fears...Have the fires stopped there yet? Haven't heard any more about them on the radio.

Anonymous said...

I have loads of craft items you are welcome to.
when do you want them sent asap.??